YAY! Spring is finally here in Montreal. Open the windows and let the fresh air in! Now is the perfect time to do a closet edit.
Simple and effective ways to detox your closet:
- Ask a trusted friend to help you out and be brutally honest
- Make it fun and have some cocktails
- Have 3 piles
- Donate - still in good condition but you haven't worn it in months, which means you most likely won't wear it
- Throw away - has holes, too worn or is in really bad shape
- Keep - is on a consistent closet rotation
- Take each piece out one at a time and ask yourself when you've worn the item and how often you will in the future.
- Neatly store your fall/winter wardrobe in a separate closet or in bins
- To make life much easier classify your wardrobe by pieces ex, Blazers, Blouses,Skirts, Pants etc..
- Then classify each category by colours ex. all pinks, all whites, all blacks etc...
- Examine if you have all the necessary closet basics and wardrobe staples (see previous post on basics)
- Make a list of what you need to buy to make your wardrobe more functional.